Apple Cider Vinegar is called a miracle health food. The reason behind this moniker is that it can be used in various ways. While it is healthy to ingest, it can also be a home remedy that can be used in different situations. One of these is hair care which encompasses a healthier scalp and stronger, shinier hair. It has recently been proven to be an awesome remedy to a dandruff-induced itchy scalp. It certainly does not come as a surprise that apple cider for dandruff treatment is currently a huge thing.
What it is
Before continuing on to how apple cider for dandruff treatment is made and used, it is best to look at what apple cider vinegar is to begin with. Apple cider vinegar is basically made from fermented apple juice. After the apples are juiced, bacteria and yeast are then introduced to the mix. Alcoholic fermentation sets in. After set time, acetic acid and malic acid are added to make it into vinegar.
Dandruff is a pretty common problem. It affects the scalp and manifests as observable flakes of skin and itching. While its exact cause is unknown, there are many ways to keep it under control. Despite these remedies, it remains difficult to treat and quite embarrassing to have.
Apple Cider for Dandruff Treatment
Apple cider vinegar comes with loads of vitamins and minerals. Among the most hair-friendly are Vitamin C and B. This speeds up scalp skin exfoliating and also keeps at inflammation at bay. This is the reason why it can help with dandruff. It is also excellent to note that apple cider vinegar disinfects as well. This means you can have those pesky bacteria and fungi under control-induced scalp itchiness and infections under control. This antimicrobial properties counters dandruff formation as well.
Apart from apple cider for dandruff treatment, apple cider can be used in multiple ways. One of which is bringing health back into balance. Since apple cider vinegar has loads of acetic acid, it helps bring down pH and enhance hair health making it a lot stronger while looking healthier and shinier.
How to use it
Here is a how-to guide in including apple cider vinegar especially when you want to counter dandruff once and for all. Here is how to apple cider vinegar as dandruff treatment:
- Have three to five tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Do not exceed five servings. Each serving is one tablespoon.
- Dilute in water using a regular-sized container.
- Shampoo your hair and condition it.
- Pour mixture on hair.
- Slowly massage mixture on hair evenly. Make sure to include your scalp.
- Leave on hair for about five to seven minutes.
- Rinse it out.
Use with caution
While apple cider for dandruff treatment has become really popular, you still have to take extra care when using this product. Here are some ways to overtly protect yourself from negative reaction to such a potent and organic health food.
- This can cause a burning sensation to eyes and other orifices of the body. If it accidentally happens, rinse with water affected right away.
- Ingredients of apple cider for dandruff treatment is highly caustic. You may exhibit some form of allergies so make sure your allergies will not be treated by this. Being highly caustic, apple cider vinegar means it may irritate or bother your skin.
- Drink with water never without it.
If you notice any adverse reaction after taking an apple cider vinegar drink or after applying it anywhere on your body, it is best to discontinue use until you have consulted a trusted health practitioner.
Apple Cider Vinegar is truly a wonder home remedy. With its many applications including apple cider vinegar for dandruff treatment, you can be assured that you get many benefits if you have a bottle of apple cider vinegar at home.