Poor food choices and a sedentary lifestyle can lead to accumulation of fat. This could ultimately lead to cellulite which is very difficult to get rid of. However, all is not lost. There are some arm cellulite remedies that you can try to improve the appearance of your skin.
Before enumerating some arm cellulite remedies, understanding what it is is the first step. Here are some cellulite facts that you should know about:
- Cellulite is an accumulation of subcutaneous fat.
- It is a result of fat deposits that reach the connective tissue beneath the skin.
- This intrusion causes the skin to look all dimply and lumpy.
- It is difficult to get rid of.
- It usually forms in the buttocks, thighs, and arms.
- While there is a higher prevalence of cellulite among women than men, men can still have cellulite.
- There is a severity scale where cellulite facts are concerned. Grade 1 is mild Grade 2 is moderate. Grade 3 is severe. For Grade 1, it is usually called “orange peel” because of the appearance of the skin. This is the relatively easiest type of cellulite to get rid of. Grade 2 and 3 are a lot more complicated. You might want to consult a skin doctor to ascertain the best path towards getting rid of cellulite once and for all.
- People who have a high intake of carbohydrates, fat, and salt and little fiber are most susceptible to develop cellulite.
- It is most likely to manifest itself after 25 years old.
Arm Cellulite Remedies
Now that you understand what cellulite is, how exactly do we get rid of it? Here are some arm cellulite remedies that might not completely eradicate the problem but alleviate at the very least.
- Calorie check. The first thing is to look into what you are eating. It would be best to lessen carbohydrates, sugar, and fats. There are also diets that are arm cellulite remedies. There’s the Ketogenic diet where the body uses up body fat as energy. There’s intermittent fasting. The challenge is to keep your calorie intake to 250 to 500 per day. Make sure you have enough nutrients as well. Include fresh fruits and vegetables in your daily meals. There are also health supplements that can give you a feeling of satiation to keep cravings in check.
- Exercise. There are no shortcuts where getting rid of cellulite is concerned. You have to put in the effort patiently and consistently if you want to see any difference. This is why exercise is considered one of the many arm cellulite remedies. If you plan to hit the gym, you can get a personal fitness trainer to help you design a plan that will focus on the cellulite on your arms and other parts of your body. If that is too heavy for your pocket, the following exercises can help for as long as you do it right.
- French presses
- Triceps dips
- Triceps kickbacks
- Hammer curls
- Incline curls
You can start with light dumbbells at two or three pounds. When you have grown accustomed to the motions, increase weight to five pounds. You will also need a flat and an incline bench for some of the exercises.
You also need to do a lot of cardio with your arms as your focus. There are many ways to do this that will not be too routinary. You can do Muay Thai, kickboxing, CrossFit, rowing, or swimming. Mix it up to make it a lot interesting. This gives you more motivation to be consistent in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Strengthen skin. Another thing you can do as one of the arm cellulite remedies is to look for topical creams that can keep your skin tight and supple. Look for a trusty brand that offers collagen, retinol, Vitamin C, or Retin-A. Just make sure that you do not have any adverse reactions to the cream of your choice.
- Cellulaze. Although expensive, this FDA-approved therapy may provide some cellulite relief. What it does is that it liquefies fat by shooting heat under the skin via laser insertion. Make sure you consult a skin doctor before trying this out. A word of caution: this can cost as much as $7000. Before taking the leap, do your own due diligence so you can make an educated choice.
Getting rid of arm cellulite might be difficult but it is not impossible. These arm cellulite remedies will definitely help. However, in the end, your patience and consistency will matter the most. If you put in the work patiently and consistently, you will surely see a difference over time.