Life should not be a drag when you pass the 60-mark. In fact, it is the best time to enjoy life now that you’ve got so much time in your hands. Stay mentally sharp and physically fit as you pursue new endeavors that will challenge your limits. To do this, you should look into what supplements can best provide you quality nutrients that will get you going. Here are some of the best multivitamins for men over 60.
Vitamins that you need
Before delving into the best-reviewed multivitamins for men over 60, it is good to start this discussion with what vitamins are essential for you. Remember, these are just supplements. For you to enjoy utmost health benefits of these vitamins, you should take them in conjunction with a healthy diet and an active lifestyle. Here are some must-haves in your multivitamins of choice:
- Zinc. Zinc does a lot of good for the human body regardless of the age. Among its many benefits are proper wound healing, immune system boost, and a valuable aid in protein synthesis. If you do not take enough zinc, you will be susceptible to weight loss and even brain fog. If you want to stay mentally sharp, make sure your multivitamins of choice has zinc in it.
- Calcium. Calcium should be an important component in multivitamins for men over 60. This is to combat osteoporosis and promote bone health. Rule of thumb is 1200 mg of calcium a day so if you are not getting enough through food and beverage alone, you can source it from a trusty brand of multivitamins for men over 60.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D is the perfect partner to calcium. What it does is that it enhances calcium absorption making calcium extra potent in promoting bone health. As nutritionists would have it, men over 60 should have at least 10mcg to 15mcg of Vitamin D a day. You can achieve this requirement with food supplements and multivitamins.
- Vitamin B12. This is the best vitamin that can keep dementia at bay. Recommended dose is 2.4mcg a day for men over 60.
- Omega-3. You get multiple brain benefits with this nutrient. This promotes growth of brain cells which then leads to better memory and better moods. Recommended dose is 1000mg of Omega-3 per day.
- Vitamin A. This promotes better eye and skin health.
- Vitamin C. This enhances the immune system and is perfect for your skin. Some would even say that it keeps you looking young.
- Vitamin E and Selenium. Keep cells from being destroyed. They promote cell growth and repair for older men.
Best multivitamins for men over 60
There are five different kinds of multivitamins for men over 60 that can be considered as the go-to multivitamins place. Here are all the five:
- NatureMade (for Him 50+). These awesome multivitamins are well-received. It is gluten-free so allergic reactions will not happen. Ultra strong B-vitamins help converts food energy.
- NewChapter. It should be easy on the stomach.
- Garden of Life. This promotes a healthy lifestyle and contains live probiotics to help digestion.
- Rainbow Light Men’s One Multivitamin. This multivitamin promotes micronutrient support. Vegetarian and gluten-free, you can be assured great body benefits with this brand.
- One-a-Day Multivitamin. Contains pretty much everything discussed earlier — calcium, Vitamin A, and B vitamins.
- Centrum Silver Men. Complete from A to Zinc. It promotes heart, brain and eye health essential for men over 60 years.
All five multivitamins are available both online and offline. Read more about each of their supplement facts and see what best suits you. The range of prices for a multivitamins goes from $60.00 to anywhere near $100.00.